Notable Legal Issues in Capital Markets
The seminar, organised by Malaysian Rating Corporation Berhad (MARC), aims to help investment bankers, in-house legal counsel, fixed-income fund managers and other professionals working in capital markets comprehend, among others:
- the structure of a REIT (whether listed or unlisted, Islamic or otherwise), and how their bonds or Sukuk are issued;
- the similarities and differences between an IPO and a bond issuance in respect of submission to regulators and the requisite due diligence to be conducted;
- the various equity, debt and equity-debt hybrid securities, and distinguish the treatment of each from the legal aspect;
- the different jurisdictions employing common law and civil law;
- the laws that should apply to a cross-border financing transaction and the security/collateral created and the roles played by the respective foreign counsel; and
- the differences between bonds and Sukuk from a documentation perspective.
For details, please click here.
17 July 2017